Vero Beach Men’s Health Forum - An Educational Success!!
The International Prostate Cancer Foundation successfully perpetuates their misison in the 2013 Vero Beach Men’s Health Forum. The event, in partnership with Florida Hospital’s Global Robotics Institute, was held with efforts to promote research, educate men and encourage prostate cancer screening. Men and their spouses were invited to learn about men’s healthcare maintenance, basic screening practices and advanced nutritional and healthy lifestyle practices. With well over 70 community members in attendance, the program has more than fulfilled it’s purpose.
Those in attendance benefited from expert lectures and discussions on topics including:
- Importance of Health Care Maintenance
- Basic Health Care Screening That Every Man Should Have
- Diet and Exercise Recommendations
- Cardiac Risk Factors and Routine Maintenance
- Common Diseases of Aging: Diabetes, Hypertension and Obesity Management
- Prostate Health Maintenance and Cancer Screening
- A Man’s Perspective on Health Maintenance – Personal Testimony – Oscar Robinson
A Full House
We would like to recognize IPCF founder Dr. Vipul Patel along with Dr. Skip Franco and Mr. Edward Mellet for organizing and participatig in the event. In addition, the forum featured NBA All-Star Legend Oscar Robinson as guest speaker, along with faculty members Mr. Bill Kelly, Dr. Atul Madan, David Robinson MD, Dr. Ranjan Perera and Cynthia Buffington PHD.
Special thanks to all who attended. We encourage you to share your experience and spread knowledge as our hope is to extend this program to communities nationwide.
For full highlights and photos visit The International Prostate Cancer Foundation on Facebook & view the full album.